Job: Senior Lighting Artist
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Art/Creative/Design
- Senior Lighting Artist (ART0000HE)
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Senior Lighting Artist
Senior Lighting Artist
Raven Software, developer of numerous award winning games, including Quake IV and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is seeking an experienced senior lighting artist.
Job duties include:
* Create and implement lighting and post-fx of in-game environments and characters
* Develop color script, lighting concept, and skybox
* Adjust texture and materials to match lighting
* Work closely with Environment Art and Design to create top-quality video games
* Troubleshoot rendering and lighting technical issues
* Develop lighting solutions that balance gameplay and aesthetics
* Work in a team environment to critique and provide input on lighting and other art-related assets
* Mentor junior lighting artists to enhance visual development skills
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a gorgeous work environment in our state-of-the-art studios; an outstanding compensation and benefits package; a fun, team environment; low cost of living; and an exceptional quality of life!
* Experience in lighting 3D environments/levels and characters
* Shipped Next Gen or Film experience
* Expertise in a major 3D application (3ds Max or Maya preferred)
* Experience with a major Game engine (Unreal, ID Tech, Source…etc.)
* Understands the limitations of modern 3D hardware rendering
* Strong understanding of modern 3D hardware as it relates to art production and game engines
* Traditional art experience with (digital or traditional) painting or photography is preferred
* Creative, proactive problem solver
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The applicant must have a portfolio that demonstrates:
* Excellent knowledge of color, space, depth, composition and material.
* Master in rendering techniques such as Global Illumination, HDRI, Final Gather, pre-rendering, real-time rendering
* A strong knowledge of film & photographic lighting techniques
* Ability to provide lighting/color directions
Activision, Incorporated Jobs
This company does not have more jobs