Job: Chaplain - Casual - Job #: 85770BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
Browse Similar Jobs: Non-Profit/Social Services
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
Chaplain - Casual
Aurora Medical Center Grafton-136
975 Port Washington Road
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
Varied for vacation and weekend coverage
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
Experienced Chaplains...Imagine yourself...
Providing and coordinating pastoral care services to patients and families by...
* Providing spiritual care and emotional support to patients and families as part of a comprehensive patient care program.
* Offering Sacraments to members of their specific faith.
* Assisting in the development, coordination, and implementation of actions to address the spiritual and human needs of patients, their families, and staff. Is available for counseling staff and focusing on staff needs and will seek to provide emotional and spiritual support to the staff as appropriate.
* Collaborating with patient care staff with referrals of patients who are in crisis situations. Seeks to creatively improve the quality of patient care using the resources available.
* Assisting in contacting clergy of other faiths as requested by patients.
* Assisting in implementing the goals and philosophy of the department.
* Acting as a consultant and advisory member of committees related to pastoral care education and represents the department at various functions.
* Designing and conducting research projects in area of spiritual care to patients. Sharing results through written and oral presentations.
The hours for this position will vary based on vacation and weekend coverage as needed.
Skills / Requirements
* Current certification (or eligible for certification) as a Board Certified Chaplain by the Association for Professional Chaplains, the National Association for Catholic Chaplains, the National Association for Jewish Chaplains, or the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
* Advanced level knowledge of theology, equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regionally accredited master's degree program in theology
* Minimum of four successfully completed units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) granted by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
* Knowledge of the skills and abilities required that are typically required to perform this job that re typically acquired through one to three years of progressively responsible experience in chaplaincy or CPE training for a hospital based spiritual care department that includes intensive care units, cancer care, physical rehabilitation, cardiac care, and neurology care
* A strong background in functional theology and the ability to apply this ability in a pastoral manner to individuals, their problems, and their needs, complemented by knowledge of guidance and counseling techniques.
* Experienced and comfortable in working in working with a religiously and culturally diverse patient population
* Experienced and comfortable in providing spiritual care on an interfaith basis
* Experienced and comfortable in working with a culturally diverse multidisciplinary staff of caregivers
* Strong ability to self-supervise, including making accurate spiritual assessments and triaging spiritual care needs of patients, families, and caregivers, making referral to other spiritual care resources as appropriate
* Strong ability to work as a member of an interfaith spiritual care team
* Ability to work with Clinical Pastoral Education students and help mentor them in providing excellence in spiritual care.
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON