Job: Cook - Full Time - Experienced - Job #: 86553BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
Cook - Full Time - Experienced
Aurora Medical Center Grafton-136
975 Port Washington Road
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
12:00PM-8:30PM primary, some early shifts
Variable weekend hours, most often the pm shift
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
****Do you have a passion for cooking high quality food? If so, we have a Cook position at Aurora Medical Center Grafton for your consideration!****
Experienced Cooks imagine yourself...
* Responsible for the preparation of high quality food for patients, staff, visitors, and catered events.
* Responsible for the preparation and cooking of meats, sauces, gravies, vegetables, cereals, hors d' oeuvres, eggs, soups, casseroles, starches, salads and baked goods.
* Maintaining proper production, safety and sanitation standards including interpretation, maintenance, implementation and communication of procedures and policies to staff.
* Preparing food items in accordance with the approved diet guidelines, incorporating methods and techniques to insure high quality finished products.
* Monitoring accurate portioning and promotes food waste control. Preparing in small batches to help control waste/cost.
* Observing food temperatures and utilizes established procedures to insure safe food handling techniques and prevent bacteria contamination.
We currently have a full time position available. The hours are primarily 12:00PM-8:30PM with some early shifts. The weekend shifts are variable hours every other weekend, but mainly second shift. The holiday rotation is every three of six.
Skills / Requirements
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of five years of large volume cooking experience and a minimum of one to two years experience in banquet and catering services is preferred.
* Serv-Safe Certificate required within 6 months of hire date. Excellent customer service skills a must and good communication skills are essential.
* Cooking experience in food service preferred, such as long term care/hotel/restaurant experience highly desired.
* Ability to read and understand written and oral communication.
* Ability to perform responsibilities in a self-directed environment and excellent customer service skills are essential.
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.