Job: Health Information Clerk Lead - part time - Germantown - Job #: 90909BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
- 1 Supervisor Physician Coding - Milwaukee
- 2 Registered Nurse Pool B Medical Surgical Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh
- 3 Neurodiagnostic Technician, Aurora Summit Medical Center
- 4 REGISTERED NURSE (Bilingual Spanish) -Home Care- South Side Milwaukee
- 5 Registered Nurse - Case Manager Clinical Specialties
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
Health Information Clerk Lead - part time - Germantown
Aurora Advanced Healthcare, Inc.-391
W180N11070 River Lane
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
Every Friday 8 hrs, flexible hours the other days.
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
Health Information Services
* Oversees all functions of the health information department to ensure timely completion and accuracy of work. Acts as a resource for the department and provides leadership on complex issues. Advises and updates staff on procedural changes and completes projects as assigned by management.
* Acts as a resource to employees, which includes training/orienting, providing day-to-day work direction, and giving input on performance. Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work, directs efforts and provides guidance on more complex issues.
* Assists with human resource responsibilities, which may include interviewing and selection of new employees, staff development, providing performance feedback, resolution of employee concerns, and employee morale.
* Monitors and ensures adherence to regulatory and compliance standards, and that the health information records are kept confidential, secure, current, legible and complete.
* Assists management with the interpretation, development and implementation of department policies and procedures.
* Scans/files patient information and documentation to the appropriate location of the health information record.
* Creates, assembles, files, and/or maintains health information records.
* Retrieves health information records/documents from various departments and clinic areas, and delivers to appropriate areas as needed.
* Responsible for purging and/or destroying health information records, and for combining/merging duplicate health information records.
* Processes release of patient information and health information record requests for continuity of care.
* Monitoring the health information records for deficiencies and delinquent dictation.
* Performs quality audits on charts and quality checks of scanned images and makes corrections according to department policy.
* Performs clerical functions which may include: answering telephone calls, copying, faxing, completing/processing forms, documenting for care management, distributing mail, and/or ordering/delivering department or facility supplies.
Skills / Requirements
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job are typically acquired through a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in health information records within a healthcare environment.
* Demonstrated leadership skills such as delegation, team building, managing multiple priorities, problem solving, and decision making.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of HIPAA confidentiality regulations.
* Ability to read and comprehend healthcare terminology.
* Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of health information standards, policies, procedures, and HIPAA regulations.
* Intermediate computer skills including proficient keyboarding skills and experience in using Microsoft Office products, electronic mail and/or electronic health information records systems.
* Demonstrated ability to read numbers and use the color-coding system. Must have the ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
* Must have high attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions with good judgment.
* Demonstrated strong problem solving skills including the ability to handle difficult situations.
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.