Job: PHARMACY TECHNICIAN DISPENSING - Job #: 90772BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN DISPENSING
600 Walnut Ridge Dr
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
Works independently in a clinic pharmacy location with a remotely located pharmacist checking the work and providing video consults. No pharmacist is physically on site; all the quality checking and consultations are performed via telepharmacy equipment.
* Services remote dispensing patients, including obtaining, processing and recording initial demographic and other required information into the pharmacy system for record keeping, insurance verification and label generation purposes, and cashiering.
* Under pharmacist supervision, prepares appropriate medication by selecting product, counting or reconstituting, labeling and packaging of product.
* Performs insurance and third party billing functions, including data entry of customer demographics and third-party information, obtaining prior authorizations from appropriate third-party carriers, maintaining files of prior authorization, investigating and correcting errors in submission to third parties and handling private insurance, workers compensation, and third-party insurance coverage and prescription-related issues.
* Performs inventory control, including ordering, stocking, and maintaining an adequate stock and maintaining targeted inventory turn ratio to meet the demand of the remote dispensing pharmacy site.
* Performs bank deposits, day end reports, post office deliveries, prescription billing for physicians, general housekeeping and display set up, ensuring efficient operations and appropriate overall appearance of the remote dispensing site.
* Oversees the non-pharmaceutical product merchandising and for managing the front of store inventory for a remote dispensing site, including ordering, merchandising, and pricing of non-pharmaceutical products.
* Analyzes inventory, dispensing, and purchasing demands and trends and provides data to the pharmacy leadership to maximize cost savings and profitability for Aurora Pharmacy as a whole.
* Serves as a resource for patients and clinic staff, and triages all pharmacist questions to the supervising pharmacist. Acts as a resource for all other pharmacy technicians and service clerks regarding remote dispensing issues, questions, policies, and/or procedures.
Skills / Requirements
*Current certification as a Pharmacy Technician granted by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or working towards certification within a year of hiring.
*Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job are typically acquired through a minimum of one year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician that includes experiences in a retail pharmacy.
*Previous third-party insurance required.
*Exceptional customer service, organization, problem resolution and process development skills.
*Demonstrated ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality, and take initiative.
*Must have high attention to detail and strong mathematical skills.
*Advanced computer skills including Microsoft office applications and electronic mail, and trouble solving uncomplicated computer issues. Experience with electronic medical records and/or pharmacy systems.
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.