Job: Radiologic Technologist I Pool A - Job #: 87968BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
Radiologic Technologist I Pool A
Aurora Medical Center of Washington County, Inc.-131
1032 E Sumner St
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
Required hours: As needed
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
Working in a Pool A position which has a 16 hours per month minimum requirement which includes one holiday a year as well as call rotation.
* Performing diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopic exams and rotational coverage of surgical and portable examinations.
* Accurately identifying and labeling radiographs.
* Positioning patients and selecting exposure factors for various radiologic examinations.
* Assisting the Radiologist in administering properly prepared contrast media.
* Practicing all activities outlined in the Job Standards for Radiologic Technologists on a daily basis.
* Providing radiation protection and safety in accordance with prescribed methods and sound professional ethics.
* Performing equipment quality assurance tests as directed.
* Remaining aware of ongoing Performance Improvement programs and participating in department PI studies.
* Assisting in clinical direction and evaluation of student technologists.
* Lifting and transporting patients as needed.
* Comparing requisitions to physician orders to ensure ordered examination accuracy.
* Reporting malfunctioning equipment to appropriate personnel.
* Rotating work assignments and shifting in all areas of Diagnostic Radiology as needed.
* Accurately completing payroll on a daily basis. Adhering to department rules and standards for attendance.
* Actively participating in Service Management and practices both internal and external service standards.
* Performing various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper technique.
* The Radiologic Technologist must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards appropriate to the individual Radiologic Technologist.
Skills / Requirements
* Certification from a two-year, AMA approved Radiologic Technology program or a Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.
* Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or registry eligible with registration achieved within three months of hire.
* Must be certified in CPR within 3 months of employment.
* Must attend departmental in service education programs.
* Must have effective communication and customer service skills.
Current registration as a Radiologic Technologist (RT) granted by the American Association of Radiologic Technologist.
* Knowledge of Radiologic Technology, equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regionally accredited associate's degree program.
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers certification granted by the American Heart Association.
* Competent in radiology positioning and techniques.
* Knowledge of basic radiation safety and processing equipment.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and patient service skills to work effectively with physicians, patients and other staff members.
* Ability to work independently.
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.