Job: REGISTERED NURSE I - Job #: 90431BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
REGISTERED NURSE I
Aurora Medical Center Summit-135
36500 Aurora Dr
Summit (Town of)
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
7pm-7:30am- 12's and/or 8's
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
* Provides ongoing patient centered nursing care. Completes initial assessment of patient including obtaining vital signs and gathering pertinent health information while following decision trees and protocols.
* Provides triage and consultation to patient, family, and/or significant others according to protocol and established guidelines.
* Initiates and implements a nursing plan of care individualized to the needs of each patient. Assesses patient/family readiness for participation and involves them in planning and implementing care. Seeks consultation as needed.
* Recognizes significant changes in patient's condition, status and need for care. Provides ongoing assessment of patient and takes appropriate nursing actions when changes occur. Evaluates and implements changes of the plan of care as needed and collaborates with other health care team members to coordinate patient centered care.
* Communicates with physicians and other members of the health care team. Provides patient status updates to physicians on a regular basis. Documents, maintains and updates accurate patient records according to agency, state, and federal guidelines.
* Administers medications, under physician/provider orders, which may include: antibiotics, narcotic pain medications, vitamins, topical agents, insulin, blood thinners, and allergy antigens. Initiates, maintains and discontinues IV therapy; performs mixing of medications according to protocols.
* Monitors the patient's medication needs and response to treatment. Adjusts medication as appropriate within scope of practice and utilizing protocols established by the physician. Performs laboratory procedures and assists the physician/provider with procedures and surgeries using principles of aseptic technique and standard precautions/infection control guidelines
Skills / Requirements
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) license granted by the State of Wisconsin.
* Graduate of an accredited diploma or associate's degree in nursing program.
* Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification granted by the American Heart Association or current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers certification granted by the American Heart Association.
* Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation within a windows operating system, use of electronic mail and electronic medical records systems.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent decisions.
* Good organization, prioritization and problem solving skills.
* Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
This position is open due to a military leave:
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.