Job: Instructional Aide III - Transportation Technology/Diesel Mechanics (Evening Shift)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Fox Valley Technical College
- 1 Custodian I (Evening Shift)
- 2 Diesel Technology Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 3 Machine Tool Technology Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 4 Business Technology Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 5 Automotive Technology Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 6 Mechanical Design Technology Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 7 Motorcycle Rider Course Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 8 Allied Health Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 9 Early Childhood Education Instructor
- 10 Practical Nursing Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 11 Associate Degree Nursing Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 12 Nursing Assistant Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 13 Occupational Therapy Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 14 Interior Design/Kitchen and Bath Design Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 15 Safety Training Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 16 Lean Performance Center Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 17 Supply Chain Solutions Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 18 Information Technologies Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 19 Accounting Instructor - Continuous Sourcing - #: 0600485
- 20 Forest Recreation Environmental Education Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 21 Entrepreneurship Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 22 Paralegal Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 23 Science Instructor - Chemistry
- 24 Science Instructor - Biology
- 25 Adult Basic Ed Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
Employee assists in the maintenance and repair of all heavy-duty vehicles and related equipment owned and leased by the employer.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in the maintenance and repair of all automobiles, gasoline and diesel trucks, tow motors, semi-trailers, loaders, and tractors.
2. Assists in established preventive maintenance and inspection programs for all equipment to ensure safe operation.
3. Utilizes power tools, welding and cutting equipment, diagnostics equipment, tune up and front alignment units, etc. in maintenance and repair duties.
4. Assists in servicing and maintaining skid-pad water jet pumps and equipment
5. Complete Tire Purchasing, Inventory, and repair scheduling.
6. Ordering of all parts needed for all departments on equipment, including Parts Inventory, Budget Control, using Purchasing requisitions.
7. Emergency service calls and road service.
8. Assists in career program presentations in the Transportation Technologies Division to High schools, Truck Shows, Career Fair Days, Communities, and Business and Industry.
9. Monitor and maintain clean work areas for a safe and orderly condition.
10. Involvement in the purchasing of trucks, trailers and all WDDC vehicles and equipment.
11. Schedule all maintenance work and repairs needed for the program including legible and legal requirements on all vehicle repairs.
12. Control of all students' tool box inventory and safety of all tools.
Secondary Job Functions: 1. Record-keeping of all equipment in shop areas that need periodic inspections including Air Conditioning machines, Floor jacks, Battery test Equipment, Electric Hand Tools, Torque wrenches.
2. Order office supplies needed for diesel dept staff.
3. Serve as chaperon for Diesel Dept. along with bus schedule for field trips and Skills Competition.
Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
1. Vocational-Technical Diploma in Diesel-Mechanics or Heavy-Duty Truck Repair, AND
2. Three years of Heavy-Duty Truck-Trailer repair experience, experience in driveline, brakes, electrical, HVAC, and engine repairs; OR
3. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
4. Valid Wisconsin driver's license and CDL License.
5. CPR certification and A.S.E. certification in all seven heavy-duty truck repair areas. Master Technician Certification A.S.E. preferred.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills and Knowledge:
1. Demonstrate ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment.
2. Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external customers.
3. Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as good listening skills.
4. Ability to identify needed action without continual direction.
5. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
6. Neatness in work and appearance.
7. Demonstrate a positive attitude, maturity, initiative and integrity with a professional image contributing to the success of the college.
8. Work effectively in a team environment.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
10. Accept responsibility for professional growth.
11. Dependable, punctual, and commitment to following through on tasks.
12. Flexibility in work schedule is required.
13. Heavy physical labor is required.