Job: ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN - SURGERY DEPT - SFT - FTE 1.00 - 80/PP - 2D SHIFT - FROEDTERT HOSPITAL - MILWAUKEE, WI
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department: ANESTHESIA - 77030
Job Type: Scheduled Full Time
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Regular Scheduled Hours: 1500-2330
Position Location: Froedtert Hospital
Job Summary: The Anesthesia Technician assists with direct patient care activities, supporting the Anesthesiologist/CRNA during delivery of anesthesia. Working in the operating room, the incumbent provides technical services to the anesthesiologist including blood analysis, patient care equipment set-up and inspection, and assistance with basic patient care procedures.
Education and Experience required: High School Diploma or equivalent required. In addition, must meet one of the following criteria: (1) Associate Degree in an accredited program in Anesthesia Technology; (2) Certification as an Anesthesia Technician/Technologist; (3) Two years experience as an Anesthesia Technician/Technologist; (4) Two years of experience in one of the following areas: a. Calibration, quality control testing and maintenance of blood analysis equipment. b. Performance of blood analysis to include blood gases, electrolytes, glucose, ACT, and hematocrit. c. Provision of technical assistance to personnel in the operation and application of patient care equipment. d. Performance of patient care equipment inspections in an operating room environment.
* CPR certification required. Must attain certification within one year of date of hire and retain thereafter.
* Knowledge of medical terms required and a mechanical background helpful.
* Stamina for frequent standing, walking, bending and stooping.
* Strength to lift equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to maneuver anesthesia machines, large mobile equipment, and supply carts throughout the hospital areas.
* Manual dexterity to handle blood specimens, catheters, cables, tubing, small parts, and tools.
* Ability to obtain knowledge of sterile techniques.
* Ability to the learn knowledge of basic statistics related to lab equipment quality control and proficiency testing.
* Ability to remain flexible to scheduling needs.
* Ability to perform under stressful conditions.
* Ability to tolerate visual, auditory, and olfactory exposure to surgical and traumatic conditions of patients commonly found in O.R.'s.
* Ability to consistently pay attention to detail.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Skills / Requirements
This company does not have more jobs