Job: Become a Teacher. Apply by May 14.
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Be more than just a role model Be a teacher.
Despite the political climate and challenges facing public education today, our students still need highly effective teachers in the areas of math, science, bilingual education and special education. In fact, nearly one in three Milwaukee seniors won't graduate this year.
You can change these statistics by joining the ranks of Milwaukee Teaching Fellows, who are outstanding mid-career professionals and recent college graduates already working to overcome the obstacles our schools face on a daily basis. Every day, our professional cohort works to raise student achievement in our city?s highest-need schools.
Our summer training Institute prepares our Fellows by working in summer school classrooms with experienced teachers prior to teaching the fall. Fellows are full-time teachers earning a full salary and benefits while completing their certification coursework and Master's degree.
Milwaukee Teaching Fellows? innovative and highly competitive program focuses on using research-based best practices and using data effectively to achieve measurable outcomes for our city's students. Interviews for this selective program are limited, so interested and committed individuals are encouraged to apply early. No previous education coursework or experience is needed to apply.
To learn more and to apply, visit http://milwaukeeteachingfellows.ttrack.org/
Benefits of Milwaukee Teaching Fellows:
- Streamlined, personalized application process and quick turnaround time
- Specialized summer training, offering hands on coaching and practice teaching
- Alternative licensure and Master's program that will be completed while teaching full time, earning full teacher's salary and benefits
- Network of talented, committed teachers working to make a greater difference with the students who have the greatest need
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- Must have bachelor's degree by June 2012
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must not be a certified teacher
- Must be able to pass a background investigation
- Must not have completed an education program
Skills / Requirements
Apply online at http://milwaukeeteachingfellows.ttrack.org