Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Preschool Resource Teacher
at Acelero Learning
Racine County - Burlington
Acelero Learning Wisconsin
Preschool Resource Teacher
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions. Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Preschool Resource Teacher III position is typically designated in a mid-size center (4-6 classrooms). In addition to the responsibilities of the Preschool Teacher listed below this position entails the following support to the center director and the education leadership:
- Provide peer coaching to other teachers, assistant teachers, floaters and substitute teachers
- Models exemplary classroom practices for other teachers especially those detailed in the TSR and CLASS
- Assists in on-boarding new staff
- Plans and facilitates PLCs under the guidance of the CD
- Supports other education related activities as required (e.g. lesson plan review, parent workshops, etc.)
- Assists in teacher recruitment and interviewing
- Provides training and professional development outside of the center
- Is relieved of classroom duty in the month of August to assist with new teacher onboarding and August in-service
The teacher is responsible for a Head Start classroom of 3- to 5-year-old children. S/he works collaboratively with an assistant teacher, family members and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities. The teacher‘s role encompasses effective practices in the following (as outlined in our Teacher Success Rubric):
- CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
- Learning environment
- Child assessment
- Meeting all children’s needs
- Working with families
- Professional growth and collaboration
In addition to the requirements of the Preschool Teacher listed below this position requires the following:
- Initial qualification requires an average TSR Section 1 (CLASS) socre of Refining (4 or better without rounding) and a verbal commitment to continue working for Acelero Learning.
- Continued qualification requires an average overall TSR score of Refining (4 or better without rounding) and a verbal commitment to continue working for Acelero Learning.
- Able to provide a model classroom in at least one area of the TSR.
- In some delegates progress toward a bachelor’s degree is a requirement.
- BA/BS in Early Childhood Education preferred – OR – AA/AS in Early Childhood Education – OR- BA/BS in related field.
- Required at least twelve (12) credits in Early Childhood Education plus experience teaching preschool aged children.
- Bilingual Spanish- English preferred
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
- Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed.
- Obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.
This position is full time, year round position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.