Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Acelero Learning
Racine County - Racine
Acelero Learning Wisconsin
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions:
Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Wisconsin).
Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high-quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
We are seeking an inspired and dedicated Teacher. You will be responsible for providing a range of instructional, assessment and positive behavioral support strategies to ensure educational excellence in a Head Start classroom for 3-5-year-old children.
You will contribute to our mission through the following activities and responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with family members, an Assistant Teacher, and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with Head Start and childcare licensing requirements.
- Provide classroom experiences that are developmental, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
- Ensure classroom arrangement, materials and displays are organized and conducive to children’s learning.
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; use that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
- Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations.
You’ll achieve positive outcomes by utilizing:
- CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
- Research supported Curriculum
- Child assessment tools
- Teacher Success Rubric and Coaching
- State of the art technology and learning methods
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education OR Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education; or a Bachelor’s Degree in related field with at least six college courses in Early Childhood Education plus experience teaching preschool-aged children
- WI Registry Certificate
- A passion for impacting the lives of children through educational excellence
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Background in Special Education/Inclusion preferred
- Ability to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen, and maintain required Physical/TB screen requirements
- Intermediate computer literacy in email, word processing, and internet navigation
This position is full time and the annual rate is $ per year $31,246.32
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.