Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Special Events
at Alzheimer's Association
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Manager, Relationship Events will lead development and implementation of Chapter relationship events including the annual Gala and Reason to Hope program. This position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding volunteers and donors to ensure the success of the Association’s fundraising efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage the annual plan, budget, and implementation of the chapter’s annual Gala
- Recruit gala committee members, manage the gala committee as the staff lead and work with volunteers to achieve gala attendance and fundraising goals
- Lead the gala sponsorship effort and fundraising strategies and work in conjunction with staff and volunteers to identify prospects, create proposals, fulfill benefits and steward sponsors year-round by planning various wrap-around and cultivation events
- Work with chapter leadership, Board members, committee members, and other development staff to create long-term, beneficial relationships with those who attend and/or support the gala
- Work with the Development Director and Director of Marketing to develop and ensure Association branding and messaging of gala theme, gala printed materials, gala videos, and other program elements are consistent with Association brand guidelines
Reason to Hope:
- Develop an annual plan and budget for the Reason to Hope event
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward table hosts on an ongoing basis
- Manage all logistics and implementation of the Reason to Hope event as well as the ongoing donor follow-up process. Ensure that the event meets national standards
- Work with the Development Director and other staff to create long-term, beneficial relationships with those who attend and/or support the Reason to Hope event
- Cultivate and steward relationships with assigned current and potential donors and volunteers to secure volunteer service, event participation and/or financial support
- Provide assistance and support to other Association special events and donor relations activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Five years of experience in relationship development, fundraising and event planning
- Able to organize material and information so it is accessible and user-friendly
- Flexible, creative, resourceful and independent
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Excellent project management skills
- Willing to take initiative and work autonomously
- Must be able to lead, motivate, train and work comfortably with volunteers
- Team player - ability to partner internally and externally
- Ability to sell the Chapter’s mission, programs and services to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual donors and volunteers
- Excellent problem-solving abilities