Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT - HOSPICE - HOSPICE HOUSE
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
HOSPICE - HOSPICE HOUSE
Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services is currently seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to support our Hospice House. While specific tasks may vary among departments, general responsibilities include:
· Measures and records objective data such as height, weight, vital signs, food and fluid intake and output under the direction of the licensed nurse.
· Transports patient and belongings at admission, transfer and discharge and documents appropriately.
· Carries out assigned patient care activities, e.g., empty drains, minor wound care, range of motion and exercises, Foley catheter care, and AccuChek.
· Responds to call lights and assists appropriately.
· Maintains cleanliness of rooms and bathrooms between daily cleanings, e.g., removes trash and clutter, wipes up spills.
LOCATION: Wausau, WI – Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice House
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
· Current active listing on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry required.
· Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Ability to adapt well to stressful situations
· Promotes and maintains an agency environment that is in compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies including HIPAA requirements.
· Can work cooperatively with all members of the patient care team across units
· Basic computer operation skills
Candidates should possess one or more of the following:
· One year of experience as a nursing assistant in an acute care setting beneficial or previous work experience in a post-acute care setting or nursing home beneficial.