Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Support Assistant - ER - 000190-EMERGENCY ROOM
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Aspirus Wausau Hospital - Wausau, WI
Mainly pm/night rotation, includes weekends and holidays
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Support Assistant whose main focus will be to greet and register patients seeking care in our high volume Emergency Department at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, Wisconsin.
We are seeking individuals with a passion for helping others in a warm and friendly but efficient manner. As this is a 24/7 facility, the position requires the ability to work a variety of shifts including pms, overnights, weekends and holidays. Premium pay is available for shifts other than days.
This position is budgeted for 72 hours per pay period, however, there may be opportunities to work additional shifts. Full time benefits available.
Location: Aspirus Wausau Hospital - Wausau, WI
The role will include:
- Greeting patients, family members and visitors in a warm and welcoming manner.
- Registering all patients into the Emergency Department collecting accurate demographics that meet Epic requirements and established Registration Standards.
- Working cooperatively with multiple physicians to facilitate their orders and communicate needs.
- Management of multiple orders with ancillary departments (X-ray, Lab, CT, etc).
- Coordinating outpatient testing/appointments to offices once discharged from the ED.
- Initiating transfers of patients to in-house status and out of hospital facilities.
- Handling phone calls for physicians and routes incoming calls appropriately.
- Requesting medical records and facilitates their use and returns to appropriate place.
- Managing all on-call schedules for physicians and is aware of policies concerning these schedules.
- Obtaining insurance information in compliance with EMTALA and Payer requirements.
- Calling for demographic information to other facilities upon transfer of patients who are unable to communicate.
- Collecting co-payments and account balances.
- Serving as a hospital entry receptionist for multiple patient and business populations via personal and electronic interactions.
- Setting up new medical records and compiles all charts for physician/staff use.
- Coordinating traffic of any paper medical records to physician/RN staff.
- Performing a mini-registration on all ambulatory patients that enter the ED.
- Serving as liaison between family members and the patient being seen answering questions, directing traffic, and keeping them informed of patient's condition.
- Managing traffic flow in and out of the Emergency Department.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and education requirements:
- Knowledge of office procedures in a healthcare environment normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma, with formal typing/computer courses beneficial.
- Acute care environment experience beneficial.
- Possesses knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy to process orders accurately.
- Is a dynamic, positive, caring and compassionate individual with a desire to "wow" all customers.
- First Aid training preferred.