Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIETARY AIDE II - 000630-FOOD SERVICES
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Aspirus Wausau Hospital - Wausau, Wisconsin
Varied shifts bw 5:30am-7:30pm, every other weekend/holiday
For the 2nd year in a row, Aspirus was recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Dietary Aide II for our team in Wausau, Wisconsin. The Dietary Aide II prepares and/or serves food to patients, staff, visitors, and outreach customers of Aspirus Wausau Hospital. Become a member of an excellent team that heals people, promotes health, and strengthens communities.
This individual will:
· Consistently serve food to all customers to ensure serving standards are met.
· Consistently maintain a clean, orderly work area that meets department sanitation and safety standards.
· Maintain a positive attitude and presents a positive image of Wausau Hospital.
· Maintain confidentiality and a professional, courteous attitude.
Hours: Full time - 64 hours every two weeks. Shifts between 5:30am-7:30pm and every other weekend and holiday.
· Knowledge of food preparation standards and practices normally acquired by successfully passing a job knowledge test on safe and sanitary food handling practices within the designated training/trial period.
· Food Manager certification or completion of an approved food handler training course such as Serve Safe beneficial but not required.
· Possesses oral and written communication skills that enable the individual to comprehend and perform the job duties error free and in allotted time. Recent relevant cooking course at a technical college beneficial
· Previous experience in a food service department is beneficial but not required.
· Ability to communicate effectively with others
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.