Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIRECTOR OF ENTERPRISE PROJECT MANAGEMENT - PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
Join Aspirus, recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Aspirus Inc. is currently seeking a Director of the Enterprise Management Office (EMPO) who develops and advances the strategic direction of the EPMO function and provides oversight to day-to-day operations. Oversees the portfolio of projects for the entire system (enterprise). Leads the team of project managers to successful implementation of their projects. Builds subject matter expertise and capabilities across team and organization. Develops project management tools and processes and their application to business problems and ensures tight alignment to other enterprise business functions including Continuous Process Improvement (CPI), IT-PMO and Facilities Planning Construction Management (FPCM). Leads the organization through the mapping of system strategies to the supporting portfolio of projects that support those strategies. Develops a governance process to manage the handling and prioritization of all new project requests. Possesses excellent communication skills managing a diverse set of executive, business, and clinical stakeholders. General responsibilities include:
· Develop strategy and operational plan to ensure the EPMO supports the evolving system needs.
· Develop a suite of tools and processes that effectively guide project management and are consistently deployed and used across organization.
· Enhance organizational project management skills through training.
· Collaborate with CPI, IT-PMO, FPCM and other functions to develop consistency in project management approaches, and request intake and prioritization.
· Provide leadership and coaching to team of project managers.
· Guide team member personal/career development.
· Ensure EMPO is effectively managing portfolio of projects, measuring performance and providing system updates.
· Align EPMO resources to meet needs of organization.
· Support the timely development of the annual strategic plan.
· Coordinate and support the completion of the system strategic operating plan (SOP).
· Coordinate and support the 90-Day SOP Report-Outs.
LOCATION: Wausau, WI
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
· Minimum of seven years' project management leadership in a large, complex organization.
· Minimum of five years of team management/leadership.
· Six Sigma and lean training preferred.
· Must be comfortable working in a fluid environment.
· Must be capable of adapting and improvising to overcome situational challenges.
· Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment is critical.
Candidates should possess one or more of the following:
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified; Portfolio Management
Professional (PfMP) preferred.
· Master's Degree preferred.