Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EUC HARDWARE TECHNICIAN - IT APPLICATIONS
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital - Wausau, WI
Join Aspirus, recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a full time EUC (End-User-Computing) Hardware Technician at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI. This role:
· Will require regional travel and on call coverage.
· Identifies and repairs microcomputer hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, disk drives and phones.
· Troubleshoots and resolves end-user problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers.
· Maintains inventory of computer parts and log of all repairs/service performed.
· Manages the return of equipment to vendors for repair and replacement using the vendor's RMA procedures.
· Employs appropriate measures for retirement and/or disposal of outdated and obsolete hardware and equipment.
· Manages minor and major EUC projects.
· Provides input on the images to be deployed for the desktop environment of Aspirus.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and education requirements:
· Knowledge of desktop standards and practices normally acquired through completion of an Associate Degree in Computing and/or Networking, or equivalent work experience.
· Three years' experience in the maintenance of desktop/printer equipment and services necessary to enhance and develop skills, with five years of overall experience in general support of a desktop or computing environment, with service in a health care setting beneficial.
· Ability to troubleshoot advanced desktop computer hardware and desktop software issues.
· Knowledge of Microsoft PC networking and operating systems.
· Possesses understanding of enterprise networking concepts.
· Basic project management skills.