Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FINANCIAL PLANNING ANALYST - FISCAL SERVICES
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Corporate Office - Wausau, WI
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
For the 2nd year in a row, Aspirus was recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Financial Planning Analyst in Wausau, Wisconsin who will be responsible for developing financial business plans and models to evaluate current and future business strategies and outcomes for Aspirus entities. Provides financial, analytical and accounting support to the Director of Fiscal Services and Chief Financial Officer. This will include:
· Providing financial analysis in the areas of reimbursement, program evaluation and service expansion.
· Assisting with the preparation of financial statements, reports, budgets and special projects as assigned.
· Providing financial analysis in the review, planning and preparation of various third party reimbursement reports.
· Providing periodic operational and financial review and audit of financial systems and procedures.
· Providing financial, analytical and operational support to any and all subsidiaries of the Aspirus group on an as needed basis.
· Conducting special accounting studies and analysis of cost studies, and prepares special accounting reports for Aspirus entities and executive management.
· Providing cost reimbursement reporting and financial reporting when required.
· Assists in setting financial business office practices at various clinic locations.
· Participates in formulating projected income budget and forecast requirements.
· Assisting management in developing corrective action on budget deviations.
· Knowledge of accounting standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area.
· A minimum of three to five years' financial management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
· CPA status beneficial.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.