Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - 014102-MEDICAL-STEVENS POINT
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Stevens Point, WI
48 Hours per pay period
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the Med Surg Department at the newly constructed Aspirus Stevens Point Hospital.
This position will support the new Med Surg Department where there is a total of 8 patient rooms. General medical and surgical nursing care will be provided to adult patients.
The new unit will be opening in February of 2020 and will be a 12 hour shift, 5am – 5pm and 5pm – 5am rotating shift with every third weekend rotation and 3rd holiday worked. There will be 2 weeks of day and then 2 weeks of nights. Orientation will be done in Wausau at Aspirus Wausau Hospital with travel and mileage being paid.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides basic nursing care to patients under the general supervision of a registered nurse
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient experience
- Participates in projects and programs designed to enhance delivery of patient satisfaction
- Reports data to the RN for the development of the plan of care
- Current Wisconsin LPN Licensure (required)
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire required.
- Knowledge of patient care standards normally acquired through graduation from an accredited Practical Nursing program
- Prior experience in medical / surgical environment helpful but necessary
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.