Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - SNF - 030100-ASPIRUS CARE & REHAB
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics
030100-ASPIRUS CARE & REHAB
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to work at Aspirus Medford Care and Rehab.
Responsibilities will include:
· Demonstrates teamwork by treating coworkers with respect and dignity, consistently working in a positive and cooperative manner, and assisting in the orientation/training of new team members.
· Performs basic nursing care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse to a diverse population.
· Assists with planning, implementation and continuous evaluation of the plan of care, based on established goals and outcomes.
· Observes, reports and records changes in resident's condition to the charge nurse as well as the physician and family as directed.
· Participates in evaluation of the resident's care and health status at the interdisciplinary care conferences.
· Electronically documents information that reflects an accurate assessment of resident care and condition(s) in the nurses' notes.
· Involved in resident and family teaching.
· Assists the registered nurse and the interdisciplinary team in the discharge process.
· Assists the registered nurse in supervision of the certified nursing assistants.
· Administers medications and performs treatments according to policies and within scope of practice according to the plan of care.
· Self reports medication and treatment irregularities to the DON.
· Scheduled assignments are organized and completed according to the prescribed time frame.
· Resident rights and privacy respected
· Has a clear understanding of transmission of communicable diseases.
· Practices infection control guidelines.
· Assumes an active role in fire and disaster drills.
· Records and submits reports to the AC&R DON within the prescribed timeframe via the patient safety and event reporting system.
· Promptly reports suspected abuse and injuries of unknown source to the Executive Director Senior Care Services or designee and actively participates in the investigation process.
· Participates in meeting requirements for state and federal surveys.
· Attends mandatory programs as designated by administration that includes at a minimum but not limited to fire/safety, standard precautions, corporate compliance, CPR.
· Attends a minimum of 8 nurse meetings annually
· Have a working knowledge of the federal and state regulations and standards
· Actively participates in enforcing state survey plan of corrections/deficiencies.
· Adheres to hospital and nursing home policies/procedures/rules/regulations.
· Participates in code drills as appropriate.
· Accepts additional duties and responsibilities as assigned within the scope of nursing practice.
· Completes occurrence forms and completes online Safety Reporting system for clinical safety issues (Ex: resident falls, medication errors etc.) that are described in detail in the nurses' notes. Routes the completed report promptly to the nurse manager or designated nurse in charge.
· Demonstrates a high level of commitment to excellence in customer service to internal and external customers.
· Ensures an environment of positive working relationships within the resident care team and throughout the facility by showing respect and courtesy to others.
· Handles conflict in a professional manner
· Active participant in performance improvement activities.
· Shows willingness to work extra shifts as needed to meet department needs
- Current Licensed Practical Nursing Licensure REQUIRED
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire – Required
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.