Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PATIENT ACCESS SCHEDULER II - PATIENT ACCESS-SCHEDULING
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
7:45 - 5:00
Join Aspirus, recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Aspirus, Inc. is currently seeking a Patient Access Scheduler II with strong phone skills to support patient access by managing inbound and outbound calls in a contact center setting. This individual will be scheduling appointments and/or diagnostic procedures in Epic Hospital Cadence for our providers while following established protocols that promote patient and physician satisfaction and schedule efficiencies.
Location: Aspirus Westwood Center – Wausau, WI
Hours: Occasional working varied shifts Monday - Friday between 7:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- This role will focus on scheduling for our providers.
- Answer 75-125 inbound calls per day to schedule patient appointments following established protocols that promote physician and patient satisfaction, as well as schedule efficiencies.
- Coordinate multiple schedules and for multiple providers and resources.
- Place outbound calls to patients to schedule follow up and referral appointments, and reschedule missed appointments in order to promote continuity of care.
- Inform patients of appropriate protocol to follow to complete their scheduled appointment informing the patient which medication to hold and any pre-procedural instructions; i.e., fasting, etc.
- Work with technologists and physicians to coordinate STAT scheduling of appointments.
- Schedule all routine reminders for procedures and follow-up appointments making sure there is a coverable diagnosis.
- Maintains a friendly, personal and professional demeanor while interacting with patients via the telephone.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and education requirements:
- Knowledge of office procedures normally acquired through completion of a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree in Business Administration or Health Care Business Services or other applicable area strongly preferred, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in anatomy, physiology and medical terminology required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a business office or healthcare setting required
- Basic knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes required
- Knowledge of Epic electronic health record strongly preferred
- Ability to proficiently use a computer and type required; experience with the electronic medical record strongly preferred.