Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PATIENT CARE ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST - PHYSICAL THERAPY OUTPATIENT
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
PHYSICAL THERAPY OUTPATIENT
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Patient Care Administrative Specialist at Aspirus Outpatient Therapies in Wausau, WI to provide support services within the department in the areas of receptionist, scheduler, medical records, data entry, billing and department administrative assistant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Greets employees and visitors upon arrival in a courteous and professional manner.
- Processes Patient orders and updates necessary information in the computer system.
- Schedules and coordinates patient's appointments and prepares appropriate paperwork for appointments.
- Answers telephone and directs calls as necessary. Makes decisions, answers questions, advises and refers callers.
- Sets up new patient records and prepares charts for employees.
- Processes incoming and prepares outgoing mail daily.
- Collects payments.
- Coordinates and orders all office supplies.
- Provides one-on-one observation of a patient under the direction of supervising nurse. Verbally calms, reassures, and/or redirects patient as necessary.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and general office practices normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, and courses in computer applications and medical terminology.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Health Unit Coordinators, or training/education to meet job requirements beneficial or an Associate Degree in Health or Business Administration preferred.
- Three years' office administrative experience desired. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for two years of office administrative experience.
- Knowledge of healthcare administration principles and organizations policies and procedures, along with applies policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work effectively with employees, staff and the public.
The Aspirus healthcare system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.