Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist - 000252-PHYSICAL THERAPY INPATIENT
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics
000252-PHYSICAL THERAPY INPATIENT
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Physical Therapist at Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics in Medford, WI to provide therapy in response to referral from a licensed physician, dentist, osteopath, podiatrist or chiropractor or via direct access in accordance with state law. The PT administers therapy programs for referred patients with developmental deficit; physical injury, illness, or disability; and injury prevention or health promotion in coordination with other PT's, physical therapist assistants, and other health professionals. The PT provides direct patient care including assessment, development of a plan of care, treatment, documentation, and patient education to clients of all ages.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directs patient participation, progression, and discharge in accordance with clinical best practice guidelines and within the scope of PT practice to restore, reinforce, and enhance patient performance and function.
- The PT is accountable to productivity and personal and professional growth.
- Should possess the skills to be adaptable to a dynamic team environment and open the idea of developing, promoting, and performing new programs to facilitate rehabilitation.
- Responsible for student supervision and delegation to support staff.
- Graduation from an accredited university with successful completion (or pending completion) of National Board is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university is required.
- Licensed in or pending licensure in the state of Wisconsin is required.
- Current BLS certification/CPR is required.
- Specialty certification; Masters or DPT in Physical Therapy is preferred.
- Greater than or equal to one year of clinical experience is desired.
The Aspirus healthcare system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.
Medford, WI is a beautiful progressive community located in North Central Wisconsin. The City offers many adventurous activities to take part in, such as hiking on the River Walk that encircles the Black River or the Chequamegon National Forest that features the Ice Age Trail and other natural areas that can be enjoyed!