Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist - 000252-PHYSICAL THERAPY - MGMT
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Riverview Hospital
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
000252-PHYSICAL THERAPY - MGMT
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Physical Therapist at Aspirus Riverview Hospital to evaluate, treat, and provide education to patients. The Physical Therapist will concentrate on the areas of musculo-skeletal system, neurological system and tissue integrity with the goal of improved function, pain reduction, and tissue healing. This position will provide primary coverage to the Outpatient Clinic setting with some cross-coverage into inpatient as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assessing patient's status via various testing procedures relevant to physical therapy. Interpreting results to establish needs, developing treatment program and establishing goals.
- Performing all treatment within the scope of physical therapy practice.
Documenting all findings of patient evaluation, patient assessment, short/long term goals and treatment plans, treatment provided, and charges applied for each patient treatment.
- Completing and maintaining treatment plans. Communicating same to Assistants/Technician and other members of patient care team in on-going manner.
- Providing daily direction to physical therapy assistants and technical support staff regarding work duties.
- Coordinating scheduling of patient treatment within facility using Meditech module. Managing schedule and communicating the patient's scheduling needs with department Secretary/Receptionist/Technician.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist by the State of Wisconsin.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from accredited Physical Therapy program.
- Must be CPR certified initially within one year of employment then recertification every two years per Riverview Hospital association guidelines.
- Must be AED certified initially within one year of employment then recertification every two years per Riverview Hospital association guidelines.
The Aspirus healthcare system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.