Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST HOURLY - 000252-PHYSICAL THERAPY
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. M-F with ability to Flex
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Provides inpatient physical therapy to pediatrics, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. The PT must evaluate, establish treatment plans and goals of treatment, and provides for and/or supervises the administration of treatment modalities/procedures done to meet the needs of the patient as it pertains to the age and diagnosis of the patient.
Responsibilities will include:
- Incorporate patient and family education and provide documentation for all of the above.
- Identify opportunities to improve patient experience and participate in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Establish the treatment plan in accordance with the needs of specific age groups in terms of their physical and motor development, psychosocial development and intellectual/language development.
- Provide evaluation utilizing tests/measures to arrive at clinical assessment of patient's condition.
- Identify opportunities to improve the Environment of Care, and patient and staff safety, while participating in projects and programs designed to create a safe environment to avoid error.
- Current Wisconsin and/or Michigan licensure to practice Physical Therapy required.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of date of hire.
- Knowledge of physical therapy standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from a school of Physical Therapy accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA.)
- Post graduate education in an area of specialization beneficial.
- Clinical Specialist certification beneficial.
- Experience in general practice of physical therapy with experience in area of specialization beneficial.
The Aspirus healthcare system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.