Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
REGISTRATION COORDINATOR - PATIENT ACCESS-REGISTRATION
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Westwood Center - Wausau, Wisconsin
Shifts vary between 6:30am-8:00pm, every 4th weekend
For the 2nd year in a row, Aspirus was recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a full time Registration Coordinator for our team in Wausau, Wisconsin. This individual is accountable for the "front end" functions of the patient admission process. This includes pre-registration, insurance verification, benefit eligibility and patient registration.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum of 3 years' experience in a business office or healthcare setting required.
· Completion of a medical terminology course preferred.
· Knowledge of medical office procedures and anatomy and physiology.
· Knowledge of financial counseling and insurance billing preferred.
· Knowledge of computer skills, chart heading machines and other information system equipment beneficial.
· Typing speed of 40 words per minute preferred
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.