Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Technologist - Cath Lab - CATH LAB
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Aspirus is seeking a Surgical Technologist to join the Cath Lab team. As a Surgical Technologist you are responsible for planning and organizing supplies, instruments and equipment for surgical procedures. You are a promoter of education for yourself, peers and students. Join a team that collaborates with all surgical team members to assure the safe and efficient passage of a patient through surgery.
Responsibilities will include:
- Involved in and responsible for a high degree of physician satisfaction.
- Assist surgeon as scrub technologist according to prescribed standards.
- Scrub, down gowns and gloves in accordance with performance standards.
- Set up table, instruments, and supplies and drapes operative field.
- Assist and anticipates needs of the surgeon in providing instruments, sutures, sponges, and supplies.
- Maintain and reports correct counts or discrepancies in counts of sponges, needles, and instruments with circulating nurse.
- Clean rooms, furniture, equipment, and suite according to prescribed procedures.
- Perform skin closure per surgeon request only after successful completion of wound closure course, evidence of competency and on-going documentation of skin closure to maintain competency.
- Knowledge of surgical standards and practices normally acquired through graduation from a surgical technologist program or related field and/or three or more years of related experience in the operating room.
- Graduate of a certified surgical technologist program required.
- Certified Surgical Technologist beneficial.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire required.
- Provide flexibility in the role of the surgical technologist to accommodate the diversity and variety of procedures as well as the fluctuating volumes of procedures.
- One year acute care surgical experience beneficial.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.