Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager - Finance Operations
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are seeking a Senior Manager - Finance Operations to join our internal Finance team in the Madison office location. In this role, you will provide leadership and management to firm-wide finance operations through the identification, development and implementation of finance policies, programs and practices that support firm and business unit objectives and growth.
- Provide strategic leadership to the firm by ensuring the finance department is acting as a business partner in addition to being a resource.
- Provide proactive and actionable analysis in areas of responsibility.
- Generate ideas for department's strategic involvement in the firm.
- Lead the Firm’s expense management
- Perform holistic and comparative analysis of annual expenses to assist leadership with its financial decision-making.
- Oversee the Firm’s managed travel program.
- Lead the Firm’s operations areas including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Analyze and provide recommendations in these areas regarding process improvements and expanded services.
- Work with the Baker Tilly tax teams to ensure compliance with state, federal and international tax reporting.
- Design systems and processes to ensure compliance with tax law changes or new jurisdictional requirements.
- Provide functional guidance and support to partners and managers regarding finance matters in order to support business unit objectives that are in compliance with firm objectives.
- Supervise a team of 12-15 including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions.
- Manage and lead the staff through counsel, guidance, training and coaching. Impart knowledge, facilitate staff development, and lead the annual performance management program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as accounting, business, finance, or other related field.
- Minimum of eight plus (8+) years of directly related work experience; professional services experience preferred.
- Experience leading and providing guidance to a team in general accounting functions.
- The ability to analyze as well as develop and implement new processes.
- Individual must be able to work independently with technical competence in accounting.
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, and maintain confidentiality, while providing exceptional client service and quality is required.
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills, along with organizational, decision-making, analytical, problem-solving and computer skills are necessary.
- A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects is required.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.