Blackhawk Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Networking Techology Instructor
at Blackhawk Technical College
- Req No.
- Information Technology
- Full-time Faculty
- Anticipated Placement
- USD $57,428.00/Yr.
- USD $71,785.00/Yr.
As one of the IT Networking Instructors, you will primarily lead instruction within the BTC IT Networking Associate Degree Program, along with providing IT program instruction for courses in IT Web Software Developer, Computer Service Technician, and Manufacturing Information Technology Specialist programs. Through the online Blackboard learning management system and the hands-on lab environments of the IT programs, address IT student learning needs in the areas of instruction, curricular development, and assessment. In collaboration with the other BTC IT programs faculty, you will work as part of a team in the college credit based flexible learning environment.
Although this posting will remain open until filled, review of applications will begin Monday, August 19, 2019.
- Lead instruction and student assessment, ensuring students are working toward the competencies of course level and program learning outcomes.
- Maintain, develop and continuously improve online and classroom based learning content, lab projects and assessments.
Create a classroom/lab environment that is respectful of diversity and demonstrates a commitment to multiculturalism.
Maintain accurate student records and reports as requested by administrative offices.
As a team member, work to improve the project-based IT lab environment.
- Work with Business & Industry and Secondary Education to ensure the development of the IT student-to-program-to-work pipeline.
- Lead the development of IT student internships, projects and placements.
- Collaborate with all MATT Divisional instructors, advisors and staff to help improve student success in the new teaching and learning environments.
- Participate in staff development activities and serve on college improvement teams and college wide committees as appropriate.
- Attend advisory committee meetings; department, division and faculty meetings.
- Assist in student and staff recruitment and job placement activities for graduates.
- Meet weekly office hours and other duties required to meet student, employer, and college needs.
- Assist Dean and Department chair in other duties as assigned.
- Meet Wisconsin Technical College System professional development requirements through the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
- BA/BS Computer Enginering, Computer Science, Cybernetics, Information Technology, or Information Systems. (Will consider candidates with an Associate Degree, with the desire to work towards completion of Bachelor Degree.)
- Two years or 4,000 hours of IT industry related experience within an IT Generalist Skill to include:
- Server Support: experience in physical aspects of the infrastructure; server and network operating systems including virtualized environments
- System/ Network support: Hardware install and maintenance (i.e. CISCO & HP); Switches; Routers; Firewalls; Physical Network; VoIP (Voice over IP) and Wireless Networks
- Desktop Support - hardware components and software applications
- Prior experience in Help Desk or Programming/Web Management are a plus
- Related industry certifications to include Microsoft, CompTIA and CISCO are a plus.
- Prior post-secondary instructional experience a plus.