Blackhawk Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant Lab Assistant
at Blackhawk Technical College
- Req No.
- Health Care
- Part-time Non Teach
- Anticipated Placement
- USD $18.00/Hr.
- USD $22.00/Hr.
The Medical Assistant Lab Assistant will be embedded in Medical Assistant program courses to provide lab-based skill attainment; facilitate open labs for one-on-one, group tutoring, and skills training in laboratory, clinical, and simulation skills.
Position will average 20 hours per week. Hours will be day and evening, and may provide coverage at the Monroe Campus.
- Assist Medical Assistant instructors/students in laboratory activities, medical procedures practice and assiste with check-offs, safety procedures, care and use of equipment.
- Assist in the development of classroom, laboratory, and clinical education assessment tools and procedures.
- Schedule and facilitate open labs for one-on-one and group tutoring and skills practice.
- Meet individually with MA students to complete and monitor academic and laboratory progress.
- Demonstrate ability to use equipment commonly used by Medical Assistants in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Assist the MA Program Director and faculty with activities related to maintenance of program accreditation by MAERB.
- Conduct student orientation the MA clinic and laboratory facilities.
- Maintain equipment, models, and a clean, safe laboratory and prep area and make suggestions on improvement.
- Support the use of computer hardware and software by students in the MA classroom and laboratory.
- Assemble and dismantle materials and equipment for laboratory activities.
- Help maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment, used for MA laboratory activities.
- Practice policies and procedures related to the security of the lab area.
- Record use of open labs by students via sign-in sheets.
- Meet with individual students who miss class or are at academic risk to ensure successful completion of coursework.
- Communicate essential information to administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with program policy and HIPPA law.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of effective student evaluation methods.
- Demonstration of teaching, leadership, interpersonal, organizational, research, management and communication skills.
- Be able to function with students and instructors with excellent communicative and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Competent in CLIA waived testing procedures.
Education & Experience:
- Certified as a Medical Assistant; Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred.
- Two (2) years of related occupational MA experience in laboratory and clinical settings.
- Willingness to comply with annual health screening requirements.
- Must remain current with health care provider CPR certification.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships within the healthcare community that support clinical sites.