Bombardier Recreational Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bombardier Recreational Products
United States, Sturtevant, WI
# of openings:
Temporary duration :
LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout more 100 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am 3-wheel vehicle, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 12,000 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
BRP – Marine Propulsion Systems division requires a Thermodynamic Development Engineer to develop and test the next generation of Evinrude outboard engines. Located in Sturtevant, WI, the primary responsibilities of this position include engine calibration, combustion analysis, and engine simulation to support all phases of the outboard engine development process.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead engine calibration development activities on the dynamometer and boat applications following a rigorous calibration process.
- Manage software and calibration changes to meet deadlines.
- Diagnose engine control system problems and develop calibration or software logic countermeasures.
- Coordinate development activities involving a cross-functional team.
- Document development work, generate and present technical reports.
- Employ disciplined methods of root cause problem solving and corrective action implementation.
- Use engine simulation software and combustion analysis tools to support calibration activities and provide input for new designs to improve performance, fuel consumption, and emissions.
- Develop calibration and data acquisition tools.
- Troubleshoot calibration issues in the field.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of IC engine theory and practice.
- Two or more years of engine calibration experience a plus.
- Experience with electronics, instrumentation, and data acquisition.
- Strong analytical skills: Able to compile data into a useable form, recognize patterns in data, information, or events, draw logical conclusions, and make recommendations for action.
- Must be self-directed and possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be willing to work in a hands-on development environment.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.