Bombardier Recreational Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JPS Project Leader
at Bombardier Recreational Products
United States, Sturtevant, WI
# of openings:
Temporary duration :
LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout more 100 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am 3-wheel vehicle, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 12,000 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
Project Leader will have a focus on JPS business to work across departments and functions in Sturtevant and Palm Bay to ensure production readiness of new products and line-up improvements.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the integration of production, quality, and engineering within the JPS focus area which requires flexibility, autonomy, and ownership
- Production responsibilities include staffing, performance management, daily schedule attainment, training, and job breakdowns
- Quality responsibilities include auditing, problem-solving and rework/repair coordination including defining the process
- Engineering responsibilities include standard work instructions, material flow, layout, and presentation, specifying equipment and tooling and coordination of engineering changes
- New product development responsibilities include quality planning (PFMEA’s, control plan, launch quality), process planning (assembly sequencing, labor routing, tooling planning, process qualification), design for assembly and prototype and pilot build coordination
- Key performance indicators include safety, quality – out of the box quality, right the first time, CVI, delivery – schedule attainment, cost – scrap, inventory accuracy, labor yield ($/ESH) and engagement – Employee Suggestion Program participation and kaizen activities.
- Support the Florida Engineering Team in the execution of Jet Propulsion Systems (JPS) projects by supervising the implementation of new products (NPD) and Engineering Change Request.
- Ensure that Standardized Work Instructions (SWI) for new products are produced accurately and on-time.
- Support the production line as a Quality Engineer to improve efficiency and reduce mistakes.
- Follow up with buyers to ensure on-time implementation of changes while minimizing obsolescence.
- Follow up with FPLs to ensure P3 and SOP readiness with SWI, parts, PPAP, tools…
- Support all other tasks related to JPS Quality and Operation.
- Ensure that all necessary service parts are available for order by dealers at SOP.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years of experience working in Quality, Production Supervisor or Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical field or equivalent demonstrated experience
- A ‘hands on’ approach with a strong desire to win
- Ability to work with, motivate and collaborate both within their team and with peer groups
- Experience as a Quality Engineer in a production line environment.
- Mastery of BRP systems and processes, SAP, Production, SWI, Mainframe.
This position is based in Sturtevant, WI.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.