Bombardier Recreational Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Dev Engineer - Co-Op
at Bombardier Recreational Products
United States, Sturtevant, WI
# of openings:
Temporary duration :
LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout more 100 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am 3-wheel vehicle, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 12,000 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
- To work in a fast paced, challenging environment with a team that is passionate about innovation.
- To be part of a culture where you are supported and encouraged to grow, take ownership and become an influential leader.
- To do hands-on development and testing of fun power sports products, with the ability to make a significant impact on user experience
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and test of outboard engine mechanical systems including flywheels, crank trains, gear train, powerheads, and components
- Develop validation plans, perform tests and contribute to the decision-making process for the design architecture
- Collect, analyze and interpret data. Compile the data into executive summaries and reports that efficiently communicate the technical issue
- Model systems in Matlab & Simulink and correlate model to experimental data
- Employ disciplined methods of root cause problem solving and corrective action implementation
- Manage project priorities, prototypes, and testing
- Perform boat testing of marine products and record results
- Interface with manufacturing, after sales support and supply management teams to resolve issues
- Work in a team environment with Technicians, CAD Designers, and Engineers
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3.5 or higher GPA in a Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering program and completed sophomore year. Additional work experience with engines or powertrains is beneficial
- Working knowledge of powertrains core mechanical engineering disciplines (dynamics, materials, vibration, fluid dynamics, etc.)
- Experience with electronics, instrumentation and data acquisition
- Computer skills: LMS Test Lab or equivalent, Microsoft Excel, Matlab or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills, able to compile data into a usable form, recognize patterns in data, information or events, draw logical conclusions and make recommendations for action
- Must be independent, self-motivated, and possess strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work in a hands-on development environment
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.