Bombardier Recreational Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bombardier Recreational Products
United States, Sturtevant, WI
# of openings:
Temporary duration :
LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout more 100 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am 3-wheel vehicle, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 12,000 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
- Be a part of a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Experience a culture where you are encouraged to be an influential leader.
- Work with a team of dedicated and passionate people.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Product Performance and Quality (PPQ) team’s purpose is to support the customer experience with reliable products and outstanding dealer support. The members of the team speak for the customer when it comes to Evinrude products.
As a member of the PPQ team, your main role will be to identify technical issues that negatively impact customers’ satisfaction with our products and to engage related departments to resolve them quickly. You define nature of the problem, assemble a multifunctional team, and with strong problem solving and project management skills, lead the team in the development, validation, and implementation of solutions for both production and the field. Your objective is to continuously reduce warranty costs. Your responsibilities further include:
- Sharing the reliability level of our products with different departments
- Reacting to different sources of data, exploring observed product problems, and with assistance from the Warranty Intelligence Analyst and Product Specialist, evaluating the potential magnitude of the issue.
- Coordinating activities to safeguard the customer experience while resolving the technical issue.
- Skillfully applying problem-solving methodologies to quickly assess root cause and evaluate potential solutions to product problems.
- Devising and executing tests to replicate problems and validate the chosen solution.
- Building action plans and coordinating the activities of different stakeholders to implement production and field solutions within a short period of time
- Documenting improvements and capturing the lessons learned to improve our product performance and quality year over year
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Team player with strong communication skills both written and oral
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Very rigorous follow-through
- A strong ability to analyze and synthesize: Able to compile data into a useable form, recognize patterns in data, information, or events, draw logical conclusions, and make recommendations for action
- Ability to understand how complex systems interact
- Proven ability to effectively apply problem-solving methodology (e.g., Kepner-Tregoe, Six Sigma)
- Strong computer skills (spreadsheets, databases)
- Experience with engines or powertrains is a plus
- Experience with and knowledge of customer service and/or warranties considered an asset
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and decisive
- Mechanical aptitude with a willingness to work in a hands-on environment
- Willing to travel on occasion (United States / Canada)
The position is located in the Evinrude Sturtevant, Wisconsin campus.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.