Bombardier Recreational Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Quality Engineer
at Bombardier Recreational Products
United States, Sturtevant, WI
# of openings:
Temporary duration :
LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout more 100 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am 3-wheel vehicle, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 12,000 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
- Assess and analyze processes, parts, and performance to ensure effective, efficient, and quality production of BRP's products
- Advice and assist as needed to ensure timely production of quality BRP products
- Facilitate the development of and maintain Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), inspections, and Control Plans
- Perform process and product audits across the Quality Management System to support the implementation of new model releases and engineering changes
- Report Balanced Score Card (BSC) and other metrics for Focus Area(s) and facilitate actions to address gaps
- Respond to shop-floor quality problems by investigating the problem, initiating appropriate containment, developing a corrective action plan, and verifying the effectiveness of actions
- Effectively participate in continuous improvement activities and projects
- Use, control, and improve the Quality Management System (QMS) documentation
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. Engineering degree (Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
- 7 years' experience in a manufacturing environment required; 10 years preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer certification within 18 months of hire expected; additional ASQ CSSGB certification desired
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, ERP/MRP BOM systems
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with mechanical inspection tools and techniques including calipers, thread gages, micrometers, pin gauges, and indicators.
- Proficient in reading engineering drawings including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong technical and process problem-solving skills required; experience with methods such as KT Problem Analysis, Lean, DMAIC required
- Strong communication, organization, leadership, computer, project management, and time-management skills required
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including internationally
- Proven self-starter with the ability to prioritize, multitask and bring results
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.