Bone & Joint
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified MA or LPN - Float
at Bone & Joint
- 10-Feb-2020 (CST)
- Wausau, WI, USA
- Full Time
Position Description: Perform routine clinical and procedural tasks to keep the Plover, Wausau, Merrill, and Medford offices and clinics running smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Prepares for clinic by doing chart review and entering data into eCW. (Quality)
2. Prepares for clinic by stocking exam rooms and cast room with necessary supplies.(Financial)
3. Communicates any clinic delays to Registration Staff to proactively manage patient wait times.(Service)
4. Escorts patients to exam room, using AIDET tool; every patient every time.(People)
5. Assists patients in completing Health History form, sends it for scanning. (Service)
6. Takes and records Vital Signs on every patient (Quality)
7. Accurately enters patient information in the EMR and verifies on follow up appointments.(Service)
8. Completes all meaningful use percentile requirements monitored and reported monthly by IT.(Quality)
9. Coordinates the care and flow of patient between physician and APP.(Service)
10. Accurately schedules tests, procedures, rechecks, post op appointments and referrals to other facilities and tracks results.(Quality)
11. Accurately enters x-ray orders in the EMR then uses light system to notify Radiology of order.(Quality)
12. Explains treatment procedures to patient and prepare patients for examination.(Service)
13. Performs Room and Round every 10 minutes until patient is evaluated by provider, every patient every time.(People)
14. Applies splints and casts as ordered by physician, teaches cast care to the patient.(Quality)
15. Assists with closed reductions of fractures.(Service)
16. Schedules surgical cases with accuracy and efficiency and coordinates all aspects of the cases.(Service)
17. Conducts Patient Education; pre-op teaching for each surgical patient.(Quality)
18. Maintains surgeons' surgery schedule in the computer.(Service)
19. Cleans/straightens exam rooms between patients; disposes contaminated supplies in accordance with OSHA standards.(Quality)
20. Assists other providers and peers when needed.(Service)
21. May fill in for other medical staff, covering vacations, etc. on an as-needed basis.(Service)
22. Attends 90% weekly huddles, 80% monthly clinical staff meetings, and all training sessions.(Quality)
Education/Experience: High school diploma or the equivalent required; Current Wisconsin Licensed LPN or Certification as a Medical Assistant through one of the following organizations: AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT required. Prior orthopaedic or clinic experience is highly desirable. Knowledgeable in HIPAA regulations, holds patient confidentiality to the highest standard.
Desirable Qualifications: Neat and well groomed and have a courteous, pleasant manner; Strong organizational skills along with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; Ability to put patients at ease and explain physician's instructions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also frequently required to stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.