Bone & Joint
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bone & Joint
- 13-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Wausau, WI, USA
- Full Time
Position Description: Bone & Joint is looking for a compassionate, forward-thinking Physical Therapist who excels at assessing patients' and devising creative but effective treatment plans. The Physical Therapist will be responsible for providing outpatient physical therapy services for Bone & Joint Therapy in an ethical and professional manner. Physical Therapy services for Bone & Joint Therapy will be provided in accordance with the State of Wisconsin specific state guidelines. Hours vary between 7am - 6pm with occasional Saturdays. Working in the Wausau or Weston campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Evaluate and treat patients in accordance with state guidelines, identifying root causes of dysfunction that directly translates to impairments in daily function
- Establish appropriate POC (Plans of Care) for the patients outlining the path to achieve the patients goals; reassess periodically to keep goals relevant
- Oversee the treatment provided by the PTA based on established POC
- Delivers treatment to patients including manual therapy, educating and performing therapeutic exercises, training of proper techniques for movements and body mechanics, develops balance systems or addresses vertigo, and addressing pain in order to reach goals
- Educates patient on best ways to self-manage condition; educates family on best ways to help the patient
- Update POC as necessary for the patients care and documents progression of treatment effectiveness
- Assesses for appropriate adaptive equipment, including canes, walkers, orthotics, etc.
- Develop discharge plan for patients once completing their physical therapy
- Document patients' treatment on a daily basis based on established and accepted practice guidelines
- Submit appropriate charges on a daily basis for physical therapy services provided that date
- Assist administrative staff with billing and reporting inquiries
- Communicate on a regular basis with the physician and medical staff regarding patients' current status or change in status
- Assist in developing and updating Bone & Joint Therapy treatment protocols on an as needed basis
- Responsible for dispensing DME and custom splitting per provider request
- Comply with federal and state physical therapy regulations
- Actively participate in Bone & Joint Therapy and Bone & Joint Clinic, S.C. staff meetings
- Communicates with high level of empathy and compassion
- Complete continuing education requirements every two years per state guidelines
- Supports and uses AIDET for every patient, guest, co-worker, etc every time
- Adheres to all Safety protocols and is proactive in safety awareness and prevention
- Assists with local athletic programming and services
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy is required
- Work experience in a clinic setting is preferred
- Current license or eligibility to become licensed to practice as a Physical Therapist in
the State of Wisconsin is required
Qualifications: Neat and well-groomed and have a courteous, pleasant manner; Strong organizational skills along with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; Ability to put patients at ease and explain physician's instructions; Respect the confidential nature of medical information. Ability to problem solve, works independently, and implements change with a positive attitude.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also frequently required to stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.