Bryant & Stratton College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019 - Adjunct Faculty - Medical Administrative Assistant
at Bryant & Stratton College
- The MDAA Adjunct will support the College’s mission by facilitating a classroom environment that provides a foundation of class work and hands-on experiences in writing theories and practices utilizing active learning methodology.
- Provide instruction (i.e. to teach all aspects of Medical Administration) between 3 and 14(day and evening) contact hours per week.
- Participate in campus-wide initiatives in support of recruitment, retention, and graduation goals.
- Maintain one skills assistance contact hour per week for every five instructional hours assigned. Maintain one
- Administrative contact hour per week for every five instructional hours assigned.
- Maintain a current knowledge of teaching discipline/field of study evidenced in teaching portfolio.
- Participate in curriculum monitoring and development process.
- Attend required college functions including staff meetings, in-service training, graduation, and special activities.
- Utilize active learning (facilitation), authentic assessment, and portfolio assignments to support the teaching and learning outcomes of the College.
- Adhere to and uphold all established operational policies and procedures as described in operation documentation (official catalog, Faculty Guide).
- Adhere to all required administrative and classroom delivery duties and requirements as outlined in the job description for full-time instructional associates.
- Minimum qualifications are a Master’s degree in a healthcare field.
- Experience in teaching at the collegiate level is desired but not required.
- Possess excellent workplace and academic skills
- Possess and exhibit qualities of professionalism, integrity, self-esteem, self-motivation, and a strong desire to guide students to improve their career prospects.
- Ability to work within a team
Please upload resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts and teaching philosophy during electronic application process.
** Must be available to start teaching September 2019
Bryant & Stratton College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.