Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chemical Sales Representative, Distributors
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a SALES REPRESENTATIVE, DISTRIBUTORS. This position is responsible for all aspects of account management to maintain assigned existing customer base. The Sales Representative operationally and strategically manages the sales cycle from prospect account development to pursuit account closure.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with our distribution partners.
- Make direct visits to customers jointly with Distributors.
- Effectively manage written communications (Call Reports, expense reports, etc.)
- Provides training on products and applications to Distributor’s employees.
- Strategically and operationally coordinates with Distributors to develop an action plan for closure of pursuit accounts.
- Commercial/technical presentations
- Coordinates projects with RTC to include product evaluations
- Advises on requirements for technical/commercial pursuit closure
- Develops a sales forecast and new account integration plan
Support existing customer needs while maximizing the return to Carpenter. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary point of contact, for applications, technical support and commercial issues
- Coordinates projects with RTC to including customer product evaluations.
- Develops a working relationships at all levels within a Customers org.
- Assists Carpenter plants/Customer service manage operational supply and commercial details.
- Responsible for commercial related customer correspondence
- Manage travel/expenses/reporting to minimize waste and maximize efficiency
- Field customer (potential customer) queries regarding products and services
- Perform telemarketing for prospecting and lead generation purposes
- Submit territory sales goals and objectives annually
- Collect and assimilates all market related materials
- Become familiar with relative governing regulations affecting end use markets
- Assists in development of marketing material
- Develop sales forecasts and communicates specific customer volume changes
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in a technical or sales role in the polyurethane or related chemical industry
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 70%