City of De Pere
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of De Pere
Pay: $14 to $14.75/hour
$14 - $14.75
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2325903
Overall Job Objective
- General Description
- This position involves instructing recreational tumbling programs for children ranging in age from 3-12 years. Tumbling classes further develop the progression of gymnastic skills for those ages 3 and up, including advanced students.
The work schedule may change based on programming needs each season, however, the typical work schedule is as follows: A total of one 30-minute and three 40-minute tumbling classes are offered in 12-week sessions on Tuesdays 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Instructors are paid 15 minutes before and after classes plus prep time.
Work Location - Classes are held at the De Pere Community Center.
Equipment provided includes panel mats, landing mat, portable horizontal bar, springboard, octagonal spot, vaulting blocks, balance beams (2), mini trampoline, tunnel, and a variety of miscellaneous props and play equipment.
General lesson plans required (samples provided).
Click here for a paper application.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Applicant should be energetic, enthusiastic, creative and possess a knowledge of tumbling and gymnastics terminology/equipment.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate advance skills in gymnastics. Ability to instruct beginner to advanced tumbling/gymnastics skills.
- Minimum Requirements & Physical Requirements
- Minimum age of 16
- Formal education not required, but previous teaching experience and experience working with children is desired