City of De Pere
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Activities Instructor
at City of De Pere
- General Description
- Instruct a variety of youth recreational programs. Classes range in age from 2 – 12 years.
Work ScheduleOne to four days per week; sessions range from 6 – 12 weeks. Primarily mornings and/or afternoons. Classes range from 45 minutes – 1 ½ hours in length. Typically 2 – 20 hours per week depending on numbers of classes taught. Applicant may choose to teach all or some of the different recreation programs offered according to ability and interest. Positions available year-round if offered and available. All supplies and play equipment provided. Head instructors are paid for lesson planning and prep time.
Work Location – Classes held at the De Pere Community Center.
Click here for a paper application.
- Essential Functions
Head instruct various youth recreational classes such as preschool classes, arts and crafts, tumbling, music and movement, sports and games, etc.
Develop and implement lesson plans for program(s).
Communicate with parents and maintain good public relations with staff and public.
Identify and respond to participant behavior issues; document if necessary.
Maintain appropriate safety measures for program participants.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of games, music, books, arts and crafts, sports, movement and tumbling, as appropriate.
- Possess energy, enthusiasm, resourcefulness, creativity and artistic qualities.
- Ability to develop lesson plans and progressively teach a specified age group; ability to work well with children and communicate effectively.
- Minimum Requirements & Physical Requirements
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous teaching experience and experience working with children a plus.