City of Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodial Facility Specialist - Hobbs Ice Arena (Part-Time)
at City of Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Job Description
The City of Eau Claire Recreation Division is currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Custodial Facility Specialist at Hobbs Ice Arena. This position is responsible for completing a daily checklist of facility cleaning tasks in various areas of the arena including bathrooms, locker rooms, meeting rooms, lobby areas, and spectator areas. Snow removal and ice control are also performed in the winter months.
The ideal candidate must have strong communication and customer service skills. Custodial/facility operations experience in an event/athletic facility is preferred. This position is a temporary part-time position working 20 hours per week. Core schedule of 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Application open until filled, first review of applications on October 28th, 2019.JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for custodial and light facility maintenance duties at Hobbs Ice Arena
This position reports to the Hobbs Facility & Program Supervisor and receives occasional direction from the Assistant Facilities Supervisor. The Hobbs Ice Arena Custodial Specialist is responsible for completing a daily checklist of facility cleaning tasks in various areas of the facility. Ice maintenance and snow removal are also performed as needed. The position is a temporary/part-time position with a year-round core schedule of 8am-12pm, Monday-Friday.
- Operating and maintaining ice/custodial maintenance equipment including brooms, shovels, chemical quick fill stations, vacuums, floor scrubbers, Kaivac machines, ice resurfacers, and other necessary equipment to perform assigned tasks in Hobbs Ice Arena bathrooms, locker rooms, meeting rooms, spectator areas, ice surfaces, etc.
- Facility and equipment maintenance and repairs as required including changing light bulbs, replacing ceiling tiles, replacing scrubber brushes, vacuum belts, etc
- Snow removal and ice control during winter months
- Maintains prompt, predictable, and regular physical attendance
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately
- Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
- Must be able to back-up fellow co-workers
Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Strong communication and customer service skills required.
Custodial/facility operations experience in an event/athletic facility is preferred.Supervision/Direction Received
Facility & Program Supervisor and Assistant Facilities Supervisor
Temporary/Seasonal Recreation Staff if assisting with custodial tasks
Work is physical in nature and will require operating various pieces of custodial equipment. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds will occur.
Indoor and outdoor as well as warm and cold environments will regularly be encountered.