City of Green Bay
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Youth Basketball Skills Program Instructor
at City of Green Bay
Pay: $12.32 to $13.82/hour
$12.32 - $13.82
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2505872
Overall Job Objective
- General Description
Responsible for instructing skill building clinics.
- Examples of Duties
- Instructs, promotes, and supervises youth sports programs to develop a variety of skills, self-confidence, and to teach children how to be team players.
- Ensures safety of participants and communicates any behavioral issues to parents.
- Opens and secures facilities. Maintains applicable equipment.
- Completes and maintains required paperwork including attendance forms, payroll forms and lesson plans.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and the philosophy that is set forth by the City of Green Bay Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience instructing youth sports programs desirable.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of recreation facilities.
- Skill and ability in effective leadership. Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to promote recreation programs. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to read and perform basic calculations. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to work the required hours of the position.
Ability to perform the following activities:
- Lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, twisting, squatting, crouching, and kneeling.
- Occasional sitting, climbing, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to work in varied environmental conditions.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.