City of Onalaska, WI
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Onalaska, WI
Pay: $8 to $9/hour
$8 - $9
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2737700
Overall Job Objective
- Essential & Related Job Functions
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Any one position may not include all the duties listed, nor are the examples listed include all the duties that may be found in this position.
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet customers in a friendly and timely manner and take drink orders from them.
- Process the order on cash register and return correct change; follow City cash handling policies and procedures. Balance cash drawer each shift or as directed following established cash handling policies.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Inform manager of bartending supply levels after each shift; may assist in ordering liquor and other bartending supplies.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Clean glasses, utensils, tables, bar equipment, and general work area.
- Contain overuse of alcohol by customers by cutting off alcohol supply; may be required to quiet a loud or obnoxious customer or require them to leave the premises.
- Contributes to a cooperative working effort by demonstrating a willingness to perform other job-related work, as needed or requested. The interdependency of operations is recognized and the abilities and skills exist to do other work as needed or requested. Assistance is given to others and special projects completed as scheduled or requested. This is a recognized and accepted part of being a member of the office support staff.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Requirements of Work (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Ability to read, understand, and effectively carry out written and oral instructions, measurements, directions and work orders.
- Ability to use equipment safely and act in a safe manner when in the work environment.
- Knowledge of health and food service regulations; knowledge of government alcohol and beverage service regulations.
- Ability to handle cash transactions, count money and disperse correct change.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service; ability to recognize customer intoxication.
- Ability to report to work at the scheduled times.
- Ability to work well with other employees.
- Ability to work well with the general public.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and establish effective working relationships with associates, volunteers, staff and public; calmly approach and solve problems under stressful circumstances; maintain and promote harmony in the workplace; concentrate for extended periods of time; and be flexible.
- Training, Experience & Other Requirements
- Must obtain bartenders licensure at time of hire.
- Proper appearance and good hygiene when on duty.
- Valid driver's license with reliable transportation preferred.
- Physical Requirements
- Standing/walking up to eight (8) hours per day and frequent bending.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Ability to lift various weights up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to perform overhead work.