Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the sales of Retrofit Burners (primarily for Industrial Water Tube boilers) within the Burner Systems Group. The candidate will provide Product and Sales support to Representatives, Mechanical Contractors, Steam Power Generation Plants, Institutional customers, Office Buildings, and manufacturing facilities.
Sales volume responsibility is in the range of approximately $5 million.
This individual will:
- Plan, direct, control, and coordinate the sales of the organization's products and services to hospitals, universities, power generation customers and industry
- Ensure products are sold in accordance with budgeted objectives to obtain maximum profitability and sales volume in relation to pre-set marketing and sales standards.
- Continually evaluate the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and sales plans to meet changing conditions.
More specifically to:
- In conjunction with C-B's Burner Systems Group leadership team; develop, lead and deploy the sales & market strategy for Retrofit burner products.
- Be responsible for meeting the sales growth and profitability targets.
- Effectively manage distribution channel / rep network to deliver results.
- Visit customers to understand their needs and present the features and benefits of the products. Aid in the selection of combustion equipment and peripherals (control systems, fuel supply systems, oil pumping units, etc.) based on the application and customer specifications.
- Assess, develop, and report market conditions, competitor intelligence, and economic projections.
- Identify the players—customers, representatives, potential partners, influencers to drive market growth.
- Sales Engineer will be calling on upstream, midstream and downstream operators, refining, petrochemical, gas processing end-users and Engineering Contractors that support these same customers to generate inquiries and close orders. Focus will be primarily on capital equipment sales for steam systems, incineration systems and low NOX burners
- Develop early stages of the market and formulate recommendations and plans for expansion.
- Uses market research to create deep intimacy with specialized market needs.
- Work closely with R & D and Marketing to create new products and programs to meet specific market needs
- Maintain business relationships with customers (Consultants, OEMs, End Users)
- Confers with immediate superior and other sales/marketing executives across all business units in the development of marketing policy, recommending product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes.
- Promote the products and services at trade shows, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
Expected travel of 50 to 75% to visit various company, representative and customer locations as required.
- 10 years in sales and market development, with an Industrial Equipment background.
- Prior sales management experience in industrial combustion products (Highly Preferred) Prior sales management experience in burner & / or boiler related industries (Preferred).
- Track record of significant sales growth,
- Sales experience within an independent sales rep force environment.
- Experience working with multiple channels to market (Preferred).
- History working with CRM applications (Preferred).
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Results Orientation: a drive/persistence for results, with high energy.
- Communication: an outstanding communicator-verbal and written.
- Collaboration: a team builder who can effectively collaborate.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 6-18 month time span.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Cognitive Ability: problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level. Integrity/Honesty: Outstanding
- BA/BS, in a Business Discipline.
- e BS, Mechanical Engineering or Other Technical Discipline (Preferred).