Colony Brands, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Technical Designer
at Colony Brands, Inc.
At Colony Brands, our Technical Designers work with collaboratively with our Merchandisers, Designers, Quality Assurance Team and Vendors to build our product from the “front-end”. Your work will center on garment construction and fit of apparel for selected company brands and catalogs Missy & Plus sizes. As an Assistant Technical Designer, your work will involve preparing specifications, fitting and providing correction directions to vendors from live model fit sessions. You’ll communicate daily with vendors and internal team members to acquire samples, specs, and other needed information or documentation. You’ll also be responsible for:
• The technical design process from initial development to final fit in specific classifications of product
• Identifying problem items early in the spec development phase so that corrective action can be taken prior to factory issue
• Attending development hand-off meetings and determining all technical design related requirements are addressed for all products
• Relaying information, changes, and feedback from fit sessions to Merchandisers, Suppliers, & internal team members
• Working closely with Quality Assurance team to collaborate on input for TOP issues, Production Issues, and Returns.
We need a cross-functional player with professional level communication skills, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or a Manufacturing discipline and at least 1 year of Technical Design experience. Extensive apparel fit experience is highly preferred. In addition, we are looking for:
• Some pattern development experience
• A good working knowledge of MS Office and Windows applications.
• Above average organizational skills
• The ability to work independently with limited supervision
Assistant Technical Designer
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America's largest, multi-channel, direct-marketing companies. The company maintains an extensive portfolio of affiliates, brands, and products ranging from cheese and petit fours to apparel and kitchen appliances, while maintaining its roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. We're financially sound, yet our success is not just defined by our profits; it's about living our Core Values, giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! To that end, Colony Brands generously supports the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
Colony Brands is not just about growing our profits – We are about giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work. We also offer our employees many great rewards in addition to monetary compensation: