Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia’s rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Maintenance Superintendent who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its Tunnel City, WI location. As a Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the Tunnel City mine and maintenance facilities through supervision of front-line supervisors. You will be directly supervising 4 Maintenance Supervisors and 1 Maintenance Planner to accomplish the daily & long-term maintenance requirements. You will be responsible for mobile equipment, stationary equipment, plant buildings, and other facilities, and work with the Operations Superintendent to ensure the processing plant is available and meeting shipments on-time.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Direct and oversee activities of Maintenance Supervisors to achieve efficient utilization of manpower, material, and facilities.
- Provide leadership and coordinate teamwork between the Operations Superintendent and mine operations. Oversee compliance with Environmental, Shipping, Purchasing, and Administration standards set forth by Unimin policy. Participate as a key member of the Tunnel City Plant Steering Team.
- Ensure the availability of the mining and tailings equipment.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of work performed by subordinates.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of a sound preventive maintenance program.
- Direct and oversee the job training, safety, housekeeping, and labor relations within the maintenance and mining functions.
- Recommend changes in standards, work methods, and procedures, to improve performance, productivity, and profitability.
- Recommend equipment and process modifications to improve efficiencies and costs.
- Maintain open communications with subordinates, peers, and superiors, both verbally and by written reports.
- Ensure that work standards, policies, plans, and procedures are maintained.
- Oversee common discipline and assist in first-step grievances.
- Coordinate work with outside contractors.
- Implement and administer the Covia Controlled Maintenance Program.
- Develop planned "turn around" schedules.
- Ensure all operations comply with environmental regulations. Prepare and submittal reports promptly.
- Monitor availability of equipment and spare parts and consumption of supplies to assure uninterrupted operation of the mine and tailings operations.
- Collect, check, and utilize labor, operating, and maintenance data for submission of operating reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in maintenance/superintendent level management.
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we recognize this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer