Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Care Teacher (3pm-6pm, M-F)
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees an assigned group of children enrolled with the program ensuring quality care is provided in conjunction with the Center's education philosophy, policies and curriculum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and directs an ongoing curriculum which contributes to the care, assessment, growth and development of the children, encouraging staff attention to the individual needs of each child as they may arise.
- Collaborates with the Child Care Center Coordinator towards achieving the Center's goals, ensures communication with parents is occurring regularly and demonstrates a professional work ethic in the classroom.
- Creates an atmosphere that respects each child's individual learning style and self-esteem; encourages each child's curiosity, creativity and enthusiasm for learning. Coordinates activities to utilize available space, equipment and materials.
- Follows standard cleaning procedures for self, children in care and facility.
- Maintains daily appearance of the Center and other areas at all times, providing a safe physical environment for the children and ensure that all children are within sight and sound.
- Assures needed supplies for lessons are ready prior to the beginning of the preschool time. Monitors inventory of program supplies, toys and equipment; communicates requests for new or additional items to supervisor.
- Documents any injuries, illnesses, suspected abuse or suspected disease, and reports them to the Child Care Center Coordinator or Administrative designee.
- Fosters positive relationships with parents and children; gets to know them on a personal level. Evaluates children to determine developmental progress and coordinates semi-annual parent/teacher conferences to discuss findings with parents.
- Communicates appropriately with staff members and parents respecting confidentiality of parents, children and other staff members. Demonstrates a positive leadership role during all interactions.
- Keeps abreast of all required certifications, re-certifications in child care and pre-school programs and improves skills by attending workshops, conferences and reading available periodicals. Shares learning opportunities with staff.
- Adheres to the State of Wisconsin guidelines when caring for children, warnings, write ups and termination may result in neglect or lack of knowledge of guidelines.
- Adheres to the Divine Savior Health Care Mission and Philosophy and abides by all policies and procedures as outlined in the Personnel Handbook and the Divine Savior Health Care Policy/Procedure Manual.
- Models the Divine Service Standards in all interactions and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.