Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Day Care Attendant (Casual)
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Ensures overall safety and well-being of children present in La Vita Child Care while maintaining a friendly, clean and safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets members and their children in a timely and friendly manner.
- Utilizes excellent customer service and safety standards at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledgeability of and implements all daycare policies and procedures, including sign in/sign out procedures.
- Ensures all parents and guardians complete required paperwork/forms for enrollment of child/children.
- Learns and uses child and parent names.
- Ensures that child care area is clean and organized at all times.
- Follows all policies and procedures for proper toy cleaning.
- Communicates effectively with parents and guardians in regards to illness and any inappropriate behaviors by children.
- Models the Divine Service Standards in all interactions and activities.
- One year of child care experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills necessary to effectively work with children and their parents/guardians.
- Ability to maintain high energy and customer service orientation.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care
- Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.
- Current First Aid certification.
- Reports directly to the Preventive Health & Wellness Services Director and Member Services & Sales Supervisor.
- Regular contact with Divine Savior staff and the public.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant fitness center environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities.